Saturday, September 17, 2011

baby onesie quilt!

Here is by far one of my most favorite projects, one that I am most proud of. I took tons of Branson's baby clothes, mostly newborn, or size 0-3 and mostly onesies and cut them up into 5 inch squares and made this beautiful, soft, quilt. It's got so many great memories in it and I love to snuggle up in it and so do the kids. My mom says I should seal it up and preserve it for when they are older, but I really like enjoying it now. I have another one in the works with Colin's baby clothes (need to get on that project STAT!)

IMG_0897

IMG_0899

Side note: I have never quilted before...I taught myself how to quilt with a few quilt kits that were super simple like this one, that I made for a friend who had a baby girl...

IMG_0356

2 comments:

  1. i love your quilt! you inspired me to make lucy's!! miss my crafty buddy!!

    ReplyDelete